Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

This last weekend was a blast celebrating my son's 2nd birthday.  Our days did get a little crazy, so our menu plan got changed around.  One of my lovely best friends, Kelsey, made us homemade enchiladas on Thursday since we were busy preparing for Ayden's birthday.  It was so yummy and so sweet of her to help us out.  On Sunday I was going to make Stuffed Peppers but I came down with something very yucky.  I was pretty much bed ridden all day.  Thankfully, my wonderful husband took care of me and I got better quickly!  That evening we just decided to get take out from a local Thai Restaurant.  So I will just take the two dinners I missed last week and apply it to this week's menu.

This week's menu plan is short for us.  We are going on a vacation to see some of our best friends in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I am so excited to get out of town and spend some quality time with our good friends.  It is a much needed vacation!  I use to live in Albuquerque for a very short period of time a while back but Drew has never been.  I am so excited to show Drew and Ayden this awesome city and it's beautiful surroundings.  Our good friend is an amazing chef and him & his wife share the same values as us, especially when it comes to food.  Needless to say, we will be eating delicious, organic food while we are there!

Here is our short menu for the week:

Monday-  Baked Salmon and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (recipe is posted on my last blog)

Tuesday-  Vegetable Stir Fry with brown rice

Wednesday-  Potato Leek Soup (slow-cooker) and a green salad (soup recipe is posted on my last blog)

Thurs-Sun-  In New Mexico eating delicious food!

For more meal planning inspirations, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie every Monday.

I have some new changes coming to my blog!  This is a temporary template while I am having a custom one made.  I made the header myself and it will permanently stay, though the pictures might change.  Keep your eye out for some exciting new changes!

Happy cooking & eating,
Alyson

"At home I serve the kind of food I know the story behind." -Michael Pollan



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!