- My loving fiance who loves me for me and pushes me to be myself.
- My amazing son who reminds me everyday what unconditional love is.
- My entire family who have always been there for me.
- My friends that stick by me through thick and thin.
- That my mother is healthier.
- That my sister has been in Bend the past few months. She has been so helpful.
- My loving brother who sticks up for me. I do miss him!!
- My best friend, Mel, who is by my side no matter what and gives me the best advice.
- My crazy dog, Jackson
- That my Aunt MJ, Uncle AC, and Grandma Josie moved to Tualatin. I love having them so close to me.
- That my Grandpa Herb is 89 and still with us.
- For all types of music......it brings so much joy in my life.
- For this beautiful earth that we are all so blessed to live on.
- For what Mother Nature brings us..........beauty
- For hugs and kisses
- For Barack Obama and the new hope that he brings our country.
- For all of Andrew's family for excepting me into their family.
- For food that we are able to put on our table everynight
- For getting married next year to my best friend
- For all the new friends that I have met.
- The fact that I have a chance to go back to school
- For everyone that brings peace to this world
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
So, this week will be a little different because we are going to Utah to visit Andrew's family from Wednesday to Tuesday of next week. That means we only have to plan for 2 nights this week and 5 nights next week. It will be a nice break for me. No planning and no cooking! Sounds good to me! We are very excited to go to Utah and see Andrew's family. We have not seen them since May and look forward to spending time with them. Ayden will be meeting his Uncle Pete for the first time since he is coming back from his 2-year mission trip. We are so anxious and excited to see him. I'm sure that I will write about our trip and post tons of pictures.
Here is our short menu! For more menus or information about Menu Plan Mondays go to www.orgjunkie.com
Monday- Salmon and veggie fajitas
Tuesday- Quick and easy pizza
Wed-Sun- In Utah
"The belly rules the mind."-Spanish Proverb
Sunday, November 16, 2008
This is the lodge where the reception will be held. Hopefully if the weather cooperates we will be having the music on the deck. Since we have rented the entire camp we don't have to stop playing music at 10pm. We can play music as long as we want! Inside there is a huge room where the dinner will be served. In the picture you can see the upstairs windows. Those are the windows to the "bridal" room, where my bridesmaids and I will be getting ready. You should see the view from that room! The other side of the lodge. This is also the start of the path to the beach where the ceremony will be held. It is about 250 feet from the lodge.
The path to the beach. Where the tree line ends is where the beach begins. I am trying to figure out how I will line the path way. Flowers, candles, or lights???? Sorry ladies, as you can see NO high heels.
Where the ceremony will be held. Totally private!!!
Looking to the right.
The Salmon River and the ferries that we take to get to camp.
Some of the cabins that guests can stay in if they choose.
We are SO excited and happy we found the "perfect" place for us. We will keep everyone informed on details.
Friday, November 14, 2008
"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person."
"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action."
"Peace begins with a smile."
"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."
"We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty. "
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
To learn more about The Simple Woman's Daybook go to http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
"There is soul music, soul food, and soul love......" -Dalai Lama