Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday and New Beginnings

Long time, no blog!!!!  I know my last blog was all about me catching up in the blogging world but life happens!  That is exactly what happened the past two months.....life, busy life!  We have been on the go with some new changes and beginnings!  I will slowly be sharing some of these exciting new changes in the next month or so.

I am loving the fall season!  We have been harvesting our produce from the farm, canning & freezing, baking, went to a couple pumpkin patches, and making a sweet robot costume!!!!  I have still been menu planning weekly and sticking to it.  Since I started menu planning over 2 years ago, it has seriously saved me so much time and kept us so much more organized.  It has even challenged me to try new recipes. I recommend it to anyone out there who doesn't already do it. 

Last night for dinner I made pumpkin ravioli with homemade pesto sauce.  It was delicious and great for a fall rainy evening!  My menu for this week is below with a few recipes links.  Starting this week, I will also add a list of any extra cooking & baking I do for that week (bread, preserving & canning, sauces, special breakfasts, etc).  Some of the recipes I find and post here call for canned or frozen items.  When ever it is possible I use all fresh produce instead of the canned or frozen.  It isn't possible all the time but I will try my hardest! 

MENU:

MON- Vegetable Stir Fry and Brown Rice

TUES-  Homemade Pizza and Garden Salad

WED- Black Bean & Salmon Tostados with Vegetarian Tortilla Soup

THUR- Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach

FRI-  Harvest Family Dinner @ my Aunt & Uncle's home.  I am baking cornbread to go along with my Aunt's Chili.

SAT- Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon with Roasted Potatoes and CousCous.

SUN- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!  Cauliflower Cheddar Soup and Vegetarian Cobb Salad  (Serving the soup in a carved out pumpkin.  Check back for pictures.)

EXTRA COOKING:
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (made from tomatillos and peppers from our garden.)
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread (made from zucchini from our farm)
Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Halloween Cookies (with my Aunt)

 For more meal planning inspirations, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie every Monday.

Happy Cooking & Eating,
Alyson

"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all."   - Stanley Horowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!