Monday, July 1, 2013

30 Days of Home

I can't promise anything but I am attempting to start blogging again.  I love doing it but my boys always come first and finding time to sit in front of the computer and write is hard.  I am finding that I really just want to blog for myself and my family and close friends.  That is it.  For me this isn't a popularity contest or finding followers contest....it is purely for a journal. Maybe it will just be me who reads it but maybe my boys will enjoy it when they get older.  Either way....when I can fit blogging in, I will write.  I am starting back up with a personal project that has tons of love behind it.

Some of you may or may not know that because of some events that are out of our control we have to leave our house and find a new home.  We have been in a rental home for little over four years and we have really made it our own.  We love it here and we are very sad to be leaving.  We may find another rental but we are playing with the idea of buying our first home within this year.  Wherever this new journey takes us I know in my heart that there is a greater purpose to why this is happening now.

We moved here when my first born was exactly one year old.  Both of my boys really only know of this house as being their home.  We have very wonderful memories of raising our babies here.  I know as they get older, this house will only be a few faint memories to them.  So with that in mind I have decided to do a personal photo project.  We have to move at the end of August.  Before the house gets bare and there are boxes everywhere, I want to document our lives here.  Every day for 30 days I will take a picture of our life in this house, hoping to get every room and every inch of fun and love we have had here.  Then every night after the boys go to bed I will post the picture(s) I took that day with a story or memory.  Hoping at the end I can make a book for my boys, so they will always remember our first "home" as a complete family.

DAY 1:

Summer's in our backyard are perfect in every way!  Especially with fresh watermelon!


2 comments:

  1. i blog for myself :) A way to help me organize photos and pick the ones I will add to our photo book at the end of the year ;) Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, as you can see my blog has been sorely neglected;) Time is such a precious commodity I've learned, but at the same time I look back at my blog and love that I have recorded parts of our lives, so I too would like to start blogging again, even if it isn't in as much detail as i did before:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your love!