Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Happy 1st of Feburary!  I feel time moving just right under my feet!  It is already time to start planning my son's 2nd birthday party!   Last week was great and we loved the shrimp tacos we tried out.  It was my first time using tomatillos.  They are an interesting and delicious fruit, which resembles a green tomato.

I hope everyone is taking those little steps towards eating locally and sustainable foods!  I am working on writing a nice big blog about what steps you can take and where to get information on making this change.  Keep a look out for it!  Here is another week of meal planning!

MONDAY- Whole wheat spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce.  (I added tons of vegetable to the sauce as well.)

TUESDAY-  Vegetable fajitas  (It's my late work night, so this is Drew's cooking night.)

WEDNESDAY-  Potato leek soup (slow-cooker)  I am getting this recipe from a friend.  I will post it on Wed when I make the soup.

THURSDAYHoney-Soy Broiled Salmon with broccoli and whole wheat cous cous

FRIDAY- Loaded Vegetable Spinach Salad and Leftover Potato Leek Soup (we have a busy day & night so we are eating simple and quickly)

SATURDAY-  Vegetarian Hot Pot with lettuce wraps

SUNDAY-  Super Bowl- we are attending a party and bringing Southwestern Layered Bean Dip

For more meal planning inspirations, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie every Monday.
Happy eating & cooking,
Alyson

"Good food ends with good talk." -Geoffery Neighor

2 comments:

  1. Don't tomatillos have the strangest texture? Not quite sticky, not quite prickly... Super tasty though. I loved your idea a few posts back about having your son grow up on a small farm. My extended family lives in the country in South Carolina - not on a farm by any means - but everyone had chickens and gardens and the neighbors had cows. Whenever we visited I learned so much that would never have crossed my mind otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline-
    yes tomatillos are so strange but so tasty!

    My dream is to buy a little farm soon! I just can completely see us as a family living on a farm growing our food, raising some animals, building a small little photo studio & darkroom! I hope our dreams come true!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love reading yours....especially the Soulja boy one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your love!