Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (one day late)

As I am typing my blog today, my son is sitting next to me reading his books out loud.  As most of you know, my son is 2 years old, so he isn't reading the actual words from his books but instead he is using his amazing imagination.  He is reading his own version and I kind of like his version better.  One thing I have really enjoyed the past few months is watching Ayden use his imagination and his creative mind.  He can take any one of his toys and turn it into whatever his little mind creates.  It is so fascinating to watch and I, of course, join in on the fun!  Being a mother has proved to be more amazing then I could have ever imagined. 

Last week was full of amazing food!  The Salmon Salad with Crispy Potatoes was so delightful.  It is a perfect light dinner for warm days.  I will make this a lot during the summer months.  The souffle turned out amazing and was easier than I had expected.  I just had to make sure that I took it out of the oven and served it immediately to avoid any deflation.  Everyone enjoyed it.  I will definitely be making that again and will try adding some different ingredients as well. 

Cheers to another great week of delicious organic, sustainable foods!

MONDAY:  Vegetable Pizza @ a friend's house

TUESDAY-  Egg Salad Sandwiches and whole wheat couscous (Drew's night to cook, while I work)

WEDNESDAY-  Kelsey's Birthday Dinner Celebration.  I will be making her Shrimp Scampi.  I will post the recipe later this week.

THURSDAY-  Homemade Minestrone Soup

FRIDAY- In Bend for the weekend

SATURDAY-  In Bend for the weekend

SUNDAY-  Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon, steamed asparagus, and brown rice

For more meal planning inspirations, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie every Monday. 
Happy Cooking & Eating,
Alyson

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!