Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween and Menus

My littles were cute as could be this year (but I think I will say this every year).   My oldest little man was Mario and his baby brother was Toad (toadstool).  My lovely friend's mom was so nice to make both of my boys' hats!  I can't wait to learn how to crochet so I can make hats like crazy! We had a little family/friend Halloween gathering to celebrate Asher's first Halloween and went trick or treating around the neighborhood!  One trick or treater, 10 adults, and 2 little babies!  My son needed a whole entourage of people while trick or treating.  It was fun even if all of us adults went......we are all kids at heart anyways!  My oldest little has been very shy about trick or treating the past couple years but this year he was all for it with no fear involved!  Except the fear of wearing his Mario mustache!  He was very iffy about this fake mustache being pasted on his face but after he realized how cool mustaches really are, he was sporting the thing!  There is something truly magical about watching your children in costume running through the leaves on a crisp fall night!  It brings such a smile to my face and reminds me why being a parent is honestly the biggest blessing of all!

Here are some pictures of our month long preparation for this fun holiday......crafts my children and I made, decorations I made, my favorite wreath that I have ever made, pumpkin hats my aunt made the boys, my favorite white pumpkins, our carved pumpkins, and Halloween night!  One of my favorite holidays ever!

I'm a little late posting my menu this week but that is how it goes as a mama sometimes!

This week's menu:

MONDAY:  Halloween feast:  Vegetarian chili, cornbread, and a green salad

TUESDAY:  Baked salmon, Gratin Potatoes, and a green salad

WEDNESDAY:  Leftovers and salmon salad

THURSDAY:  Out to dinner with the family

FRIDAY:  Zucchini, black bean, and rice skillet (we use fresh tomatoes instead of canned)

SATURDAY:  Broccoli Quiche (we will use mushrooms instead of bacon) using homemade whole wheat pie crust and green salad

SUNDAY:  Hungarian Mushroom Soup, Hearty Kale Salad (omit the bacon), and homemade whole wheat bread

 What are you cooking this week?

Peacefully,
Alyson

"Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days."  -Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. You need to teach me how to use my camera as well as you! I don't know if you know who I am but I am friends with Holly & Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Alison.
    I seldom leave a comment, but I keep passing by and reading you.
    You are really peaceful and very inspiring.
    And boh your boys are wonderful.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great photos! Love the month-long celebration. And can I say that I am stealing your idea of the foot-print-ghosts? How adorable is that?
    How did you make that wreath? Are the flowers rolled-up felt strips? It's really pretty.
    The kids look adorable, and seems they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the wreath, assuming it is homemade, I am just inspired over it! Lovely images & your boys are just the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your love!