Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Menu Plans and Elections

Happy Election Day!  I am glad this day is here for many reasons!  I like voting...it makes me feel like my opinion matters even just for one day.  I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to voice my opinion, especially knowing that a lot of people in the world don't have this right.  I am quite interested to see the results in this election.  I am glad that all the wasteful paper will stop filling my mailbox and doorstep.  I am happy to stop hearing all the bashing and hate towards both parties.  Why do we segregate ourselves in this country especially during election time.  I mean...I get it....we all have different opinions and concerns but why so much hate?  I would think that we would all want the same goal......for freedom, kindness, better education, and to help those in need.  I have the feeling that this isn't the goal for many politicians or the general public.  It makes me sad but it also makes me realize how much I need to get out there and be the change.

Thanks for listening to my election rant!  Maybe it will make you think....or make you vote!  We are starting a new week with with a new menu!  I started going to a mom's cooking/playgroup with some ladies that I work with.  We get together once a month and let our kids play.  While they play we cook a meal to bring home for our families.  It is so much fun.  Girl chat and cooking......what more could we ask for.  Our first one was this Monday.  The kids played so well together and we made a delicious meal!   Hope everyone is working towards that healthy organic eating.

MENU:

MON-  Mashed Potato and Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas.  (This is what we made at the mom's playgroup.  We made some substitutions....we used real mashed potatoes and homemade enchilada sauce.)

TUES-  Spinach Ravioli with homemade pesto sauce.

WED-  Hungarian Mushroom Soup and garden salad.  (Recipe will be posted on Thurs.)

THURS-  Veggie Fajitas

FRI-  Leftover Hungarian Mushroom Soup and Vegetarian Cobb Salad

SAT-  Baked Lemon-Pepper Salmon, Roasted Potatoes, and Thyme Braised Brussel Sprouts.

SUN-  Breakfast for Dinner!  Slow Cooker Mexican Casserole and Vegetarian Sausages.

EXTRA GOODIES:
Pumpkin Cheesecake (Made this at the Moms/PlayGroup!  YUM!)
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
More Zucchini Bread and Muffins (Using the Food Saver and Freezing these)

Happy Cooking,

Alyson

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!