Thursday, November 4, 2010

To Write with Light

The word photography comes from two individual words.  Photo meaning "Light" and Graph meaning "To Write."  Literally it means: "To Write with light."  A photographer is a "Light Writer" and a photograph is an image written with light.  That is the perfect way to describe photography!

Most of you know that my husband has his own photography business.  He grew up with a camera in his hand and started taking his photography skills seriously in high school.  It has been his passion and love since.  When we first met he took photos all the time and helped run the local community college's darkroom.  We would meet there and work on photos together.  His work always amazed me and I constantly told him to start doing it in a professional manner.  Finally about 3 years ago he decided to take that big step. 

I also had a love of photography in high school when my mom gave me her old Pentax K1000 film camera.  I loved it.  I loved seeing the world through the camera lens and showing people how I perceived that moment in time.  I stopped using the camera in my early 20's because being a social butterfly was way more important to me than doing things I was passionate about.  After meeting my husband, he influenced me to pick up the camera again and start shooting.  I again started taking more photography classes in college.  Short story long........I have recently become a part of my husband's photography business as his partner in crime!  I have a lot more to learn and he is a great teacher but one thing I have decided to do on my own, it to take at least one photo a day.  This is my way to get better acquainted with the digital world of photography which is a lot different then when I was doing film!  So most of the photos you will see on my personal blog will be taken by me!  I will still occasionally use some of my husband's photos but I will of course give him the credit.  There will be more pictures to be seen on my blog and that is my way of "practicing" this digital photo world! 

Happy photo taking,
Alyson


“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” -Aaron Siskind







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!