Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Menu Plans and Breathing

Frustration.....this is something I felt the past two mornings.  It is a common emotion that occurs in daily life that we as humans have to learn how to deal with in a healthy way.  The frustration that I have felt the past couple days wasn't from my husband leaving a dirty dish on the desk, my toddler not wanting to take a nap, the guy who cut me off on the freeway, or when that persistent sore throat just won't go away.  Those are such small issues that I refuse to spend any energy being frustrated or angry when they occur.  This frustration that I am talking about has been swirling inside of me for awhile now, to the point that I feel annoyed that it is even there.  I want to let go.  I want to put this frustration in a little box, lock it up, and send it off to sea.  I especially want to release this frustration because at this time in my life I need to be my healthiest...mentally and physically (I will write more about this special time in a special blog tomorrow).  I need all toxins out of my body right now and I believe that frustration to a point can be toxic.  How do I let this go?  How do I cleanse my mind and soul of something that has been bugging me so much?

I decided to read...I read an article and some passages written by Thich Nhat Hanh whom is a Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist.  He is an extraordinary person with many amazing teachings to share with the world.  After reading some writings from Thich Nhat Hanh, I realized that my frustration is my own.  I need to take responsibility for it, embrace it, breathe, and release it.  Sounds easy....it really isn't.  So I am learning...I'm learning to meditate, breathe deeply, and let it all go.  I am going to bring some things back in my life that I have pushed away..... yoga and meditation.  Which all really ties together quite well.  I have decided to make a small comfy space in my home that I will use in the early hours of the morning when I will get up before my family does for some thinking, reading, breathing, and meditation.  And my first yoga class in several months will be tomorrow evening.  I am making a better routine for myself and my family.  This is all to better myself as a person, mother, wife, and woman.  Don't get me wrong...I'm not this big ball of walking frustration.  I am an extremely happy mama for I am so blessed with many amazing things and people in my life and I am so grateful for all of them.  I just have a couple things that keep arising when I think I have let them go and every time they arise, I realized I haven't.  So I feel it is time for me to conquer these couple things and move forward with a clean slate and a soul that is ready to start a new beginning. 

Now for some organic sustainable food talk!  And what a great way to nourish your body and soul but with some healthy delicious food.  I think I might have become a foodie.  I am okay with that!  We have another great menu planned this week with some new and old recipes.  Last week we had a couple fun things come up and so our menu plan got a little scrambled.  That just means...we can move a couple recipes into this week, which makes it a little easier for me.  Anyone found any yummy new recipes lately?  Feel free to share some of them on here!  I hope your love for organic healthy food is still growing!

MENU

MON-  Breakfast for Dinner-  Mexican Breakfast Casserole and vegetarian sausages

TUES-  Alpine Mushroom Pasta

WED-  Homemade Pizza with homemade dough and Garden Salad

THURS-  Fish Tacos and homemade Spanish Rice (I will post my recipe this week)

FRI-  Dinner at our wonderful friend's new home.

SAT-  Pad Thai Noodles and Miso Soup  (I will substitute the chicken for tofu.)

SUN-  Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup


Peace, love, and understanding,
Alyson


"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion." — Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!