Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (a day late)

I missed last weeks and I am a day late to this week's menu plan. OPPS! It is such a busy time of year. Last week I had finals and was sick. Ayden then caught my cold. Babies are so sad when they are sick. I basically held and cuddled him for a week till he felt better. We are all better now!!! Then this last weekend we went to stay in a little cabin on the Metolius River with my parents. It was SO relaxing and peaceful. It snowed the whole time we were there! It definitely put me in the holiday spirit. So I am a little behind now that we are back! I am slowly getting back on track! This week will just be full of baking, shopping, and staying warm. Andrew is part Jewish and so that makes Ayden part Jewish. So in celebration of their heritage we decided to make some Hanukkah food on Thursday night. We also have some of our best friends moving to New Mexico on Sunday, so we are having a dinner for them on Saturday. We are also celebrating Winter Solstice that night. We have a lot to celebrate this week and be thankful for. I will be baking some kind of holiday/winter treat each night till Christmas! Oh....this time of year is SO fun!

For more info on menu planning go to http://www.orgjunkie.com/.

Dinners:

Monday- Dinner at The Swans house!!!

Tuesday- Spinach Lasagna, garden salad, and french bread

Wednesday- Spinach and mushroom quiche

Thursday- Hanukkah celebration- Roasted winter vegetable with cheesy polenta and Potato Latkes with horseradish-dill cream dip

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Winter Solstice Celebration and Good-bye Dinner for the Swans :(
Pizza, Organic winter salad, and warm drinks & treats

Sunday- Salmon, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, and whole grain wild rice


Desserts/Holiday Treats:
(Don't worry we are not eating all these treats.....a lot are going to be gifts)

Tuesday: Chocolate chip cookies

Wednesday: Princess Tea Cakes

Thursday: Sufganoit (Jelly Doughnuts, a Jewish dessert)

Friday: Chocolate fudge (my first time making)

Saturday: Apple Pie

Sunday: Peanut Butter Blossoms

"Good food ends with good talk." -Geoffery Neighor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!