Monday, December 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (a little late)

holidaympm-1.jpg

Well....it's back to normal life again.  Holidays are almost over and school will be starting next week so we need to get back into a routine this week.  We had a great Christmas and enjoyed our family and friends in Tualatin.  Ayden was of course spoiled by his loved ones in Tualatin. He got so many presents.  But that is okay because it was his 1st Christmas and he needed some new toys.  Thank you everyone for all the gifts.  We love ALL of them!  

One of my new year goals is to lose at least 15 pounds for the wedding and to get into better eating habits.  So we are going to start making some healthier dinners.  I love the eatingwell.com website and I will be using a lot of recipes from there.  I will also just modify a lot of recipes with less butter, oil, etc.  I hope you enjoy this week's menu.  Have a fun and safe New Years!  If you are interested in more weekly menus go to orgjunkie.com. 

Monday- Shrimp stir fry

Tuesday-  Potato, leek, and broccoli soup with some yummy warm bread

Wednesday-We are having a little New Years Eve fiesta at our house with a few friends.
Appetizers- Taquitos, Chips and Salsa and Queso
   Dinner- Black Bean Burritos with spanish rice
Drinks- Beers and Champagne

Thursday-  Happy New Year!  Spaghetti Squash Casserole and a garden salad (this recipe in this link calls for ground beef, we substitute that with soy fake meat).

Friday-  Vegetable Gumbo

Saturday-  Homemade Pizza

Sunday-  Lots of Leftovers!!!!

“I gotta work out. I keep saying it all the time. I keep saying I gotta start working out. It's been about two months since I've worked out. And I just don't have the time. Which, uh … is odd. Because I have the time to go out to dinner. And, uh … and watch TV. And get a bone density test. And, uh ... try to figure out what my phone number spells in words.” – Ellen DeGeneres

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to cook black eyed peas on new years! It brings good luck for the new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your love!