Friday, May 28, 2010

Song of the week.....

I am going to start sharing a song of the week with you all.  Music is a huge part of my life.  I listen to music all day and use music to get me through any happy or tough times in my life.  I strongly believe that music brings people together like no other art form and that peace can happen through music.  Since I believe this in a very strong sense I play music in the morning, while we play, while we color, drive, cook dinner, and get ready for bed.

There is so many different musicians and types of music that I love and I constantly research new and old music.  I want to share some of my favorite songs with you all.  So every week I will pick a song and post it. 

Since I just went to the John Butler Trio concert last night with my husband, then I feel it is appropriate to share one my favorite songs of his.  He is an amazing musician and I enjoy seeing him live (3 times now)!  His message of peace and unity really shows in his lyrics and songs.  His music inspires his audience to fight for the planet and to join the peaceful revolution.  I grew to love JBT for the heavily acoustic and politically charged songs that inspired me to take a good look at myself and the world we live in.   If you haven't already, check him and his band out! 

Here is his song Peaches & Cream....After I gave birth to Ayden, Drew and I listened to this song a million times finally realizing what his lyrics really meant.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!