Thursday, December 2, 2010

Menu Plans and Dreams

Sometimes I just have to take a break from blogging when life gets busy.  Traveling, work, holidays, and being a mom/wife had to be put first the past two weeks.  I am back in the game and ready to start working on some dreams I have made for myself.  I love blogging....every since I started in 2008!  I love being able to express myself in my own way and to sort out all my crazy thoughts through writing.  After lots of thought and talking to others I have decided to try and do it "professionally".  Yes....people have made this into a profession.  Since my husband's photography business is really started to grow rapidly, I will be at home helping him more with that business.  I couldn't think of a better way to do my own style of business and step this blog up a bit.  It will be a lot of work and it won't happen overnight but I am ready to make this dream come true.

My mother-in-law recently gave me a copy of book that teaches people how to blog professionally and spend less time in front of the computer.  I just started reading it and I will let you all know how it was in a small review when I am done.  Spending too much time in front of the computer is what has kept me from trying to blog professionally and everyday.  My family and being a mom is #1 in my life and I don't want anything taking my precious time away from that.  My hope is that this book will give me some tips and the knowledge to be able to be successful with my blog while keeping my family and kids #1!  So, keep a look out on some new changes but be patient...it won't happen overnight!  I am excited!

Here is my menu for this week.  I love being back in my kitchen again after some traveling!  We continue to be a part of the food revolution and eat as local, organic, and healthy as we can.  I hope that you are too!

MON:  Driving home from my in-laws.  We found a cute little local Thai place in Boise, Idaho

TUES:  Vegetable Fajitas

WED:  Vegan Tofu Pot Pie

THURS:  Vegetable StirFry

FRI:  Salmon with Red Wine-Morel Sauce, Vegetarian Stuffing, and Steamed Broccoli

SAT:  Civil War Game!!!!  We will be snacking all day at a friends house.  I am bringing my famous spinach artichoke dip.  Recipe will be posted on Saturday.

SUN:  Bronzed Sea Bass with Lemon Shallot Butter, Garlicky Green Beans, and seasoned brown rice

My Extra Cooking:

Homemade Applesauce and Canning
Dulce de Leche Apple Pie


What are you cooking this week?

Happy thoughts,
Alyson

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!