Thursday, April 26, 2012

Menus & Farmers Markets

Last weekend my mom and I took my two boys down to the Portland Farmer's Market!  The sun was shining....which we DO NOT take for granted here!  The sun comes out and everyone erupts with smiles and energy!  It's fantastic!  The market was booming with happy people, which is amazing to have all this support for our local farmers.  The energy there is infectious!  I was able to get some radishes, onions, kale, carrots, leeks, and some beautiful fresh seasonal flowers.  I was giddy about all it!  I might be a nerd if I get giddy over fresh local veggies but I like that nerd part of me!  I took only a couple pictures as I was focused on my kiddos since it was a crowded adventure!


Last week I made a Spring Pizza that was to die for!!!!  I highly recommend making it before the asparagus season is over.  It was perfect with steamed artichokes or a micro green salad!  Here is our menu for this week.  I am trying a couple new recipes this week and I am very excited about them.  I will let you all know how they turn out.  It is just my littles and I for most of this week since my husband is traveling, so I will cook smaller portions!  Enjoy!

MENU:

MONDAY:  Vegetable Stir-fry over brown rice

TUESDAY-  Dinner with some close family friends

WEDNESDAY-  Tex-Mex Taco Salad (substituted the meat for brown rice)

THURSDAY- Egg Salad Sandwiches (omit mayo) and Beet & Avocado Salad with Fresh Mozzarella & Fennel.

FRIDAY-  Leftovers and a big green salad

SATURDAY-  Quinoa Burger and steamed broccoli

SUNDAY-  Family Picnic!!  Tuna pasta salad, homemade hummus and veggies, and pineapple

What is your favorite thing to get at your local Farmer's Market?

Peacefully,
Alyson

"Hug a farmer" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!