Friday, April 27, 2012

Forever......

About a month ago, I was rocking my sweet little Asher during the time he usually takes a nap. He was restless and having a hard time falling asleep.  My lullaby station was on Pandora softly in the room.  Nursing, rocking, massaging, singing, breathing....nothing was working that day to get this little one to rest.  I thought to myself..."he must just not need a nap today"...and I was just going to give up on nap time.  Then, on Pandora, came a song that I never really have listened to or at least paid attention to in the past....Lullaby by Dixie Chicks.  I looked down and those sweet little eyes looked up at me so heavy and moments later they were closed.  And off Asher went into dream land.  This song has now become part of our nap time rhythm.  Every time it comes on, seconds later he is fast asleep.

So I have come to love this song and the beautiful words that are sung.  I could have written them myself!  From the deepest part of me I know that my life began the moment I became a mother.  Life didn't even make sense to me until I took that first glance at my boys.  Every single thing I do....every breathe I take is for them!  Some people say not to lose yourself as a mother.....but I found myself as a mother.  I don't care if my clothes are out dated....my hair is a mess...my home is disordered....my makeup hasn't reached my face in days.....I am with my babies.  My babies need me now...in a few years they will start to become more independent.  They will start to go out into the world and explore it as their own.  I want to cherish and embrace this part of motherhood now!  

Their dada and I love them more than we can even grasp....more than words that can even be typed.  So all we can do today is promise that we are here for them NOW and tomorrow.  And that my husband and I will continue to fall deeply in love with each other and our children every single day and into forever!  Because deeply, truly, and honestly I believe that all we need is love!  


Peacefully,
Alyson

“When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.” -Suzanne Finnamore



3 comments:

  1. I love this song! I watched a birth video with this being the background music, that's how I discovered it.. Love your blog posts Aly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet song! I love the violin! Have you heard of the album leaf? Great sleepy time music! The album Into the blue again, wishful thinking is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bedtime is always such a sweet time...Sibling snuggles always warm my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your love!