Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day

Today is set aside to celebrate the beauty that surronds us on our Mother Earth and the awareness that is made to protect her.  Though in my world I believe and practice that Earth Day should be everyday.  Everyday we should be doing something to make this world a cleaner and better place.  This goes beyond  today....this goes beyond just the acknowledgement that something needs to be done....it is about doing good and actually doing it in our everyday activities.  It doesn't have to be big huge changes every day, it is about just taking the strides to get to a more earth-friendly way of life....big or small!

My biggest motivation to protect our Mother Earth are my children.  I want to protect their future, their surroundings, their ability to enjoy and fall in love with the world around them.  They deserve to hike the trails, awe at the waterfalls, frolic in the meadows, ride on the mountain, swim in the lakes, fish in the rivers....they deserve what the Earth provides us.  If we don't protect it.....our children may not get these amazing incredible adventures.

Our Mother Earth is pretty spectacular and provides the perfect balance for us.  She deserves us to fight for her and to take the steps to allow her to heal.  We are all connected by our Mother Earth as a big family with one big home.  We need to pick up that big broom and sweep up the filth, the hate, the grim that is seeping into our beauty.  So....tred lightly my friends!  And get outside today and love on our planet!  Here is the link to my list that I put together last year....it is still a great list.  I am adding these great ideas along with it....
  • Slow down....enjoy your surroundings....show your children the little details this Earth has provided us with.
  • Visit a local farm.
  • Make art from something that might have been thrown away.
  • Turn off your lights!  Use candles!  
  • Go out!  Explore!
  • Most important....have fun with it all!
I am off to enjoy this beautiful sunny day with my children.  We are working on our garden, playing in the sun, attending our local Earth Day Celebration, and finishing the day with a delicious seasonal organic dinner with my family!  
source via Climbing-Up
Happy Earth Day!
-Alyson

‎"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!