Saturday, December 11, 2010

Menus and Storytime

I love to read!  I love to pick up a good novel or a book about something that I am passionate about.  Right now it is mostly Dr.Seuss and The Very Hungry Caterpillar that I read, but that is okay with me.  Later on, I will be able to sit an enjoy one of my books that is waiting for me to open.  As for now, I am enjoying sharing the love for reading with my son.  I am so excited to see him already picking up on how wonderful books are.  We read tons of books together daily.  He loves it, he literally sits and reads books for over an hour sometimes.  I love my lil reader!

I decided that it is about time we start attending our local library's story time weekly.  Our first time going was two weeks ago and I was SO impressed with all games, songs, and stories.  The lady who runs the program is awesome and very energetic!  Watching Ayden dance, sing, and intently listening to the stories is amazing to watch.  Ayden loved it and I am pretty sure I loved it just as much as he did.  We are now going every week!  Being a mom is kind of like being a kid all over again.

For all you parents out there...if you don't already go to your local library's story time, I highly recommend it.

On to my weekly menu.  I am posting this really late week but sometimes that is how it goes.  As I am reading my new book on blogging, I am learning on how to write more with less computer time.  I will get there soon!  I have some fun, new things happening soon that I want to blog about, so I need to make sure I am consistent with this blog.  I am enjoying the seasonal cooking this month and the baking bug has gotten me!  A lot of my holiday gifts to others this year will be food items, baked treats, and canned goodies.  I am having a lot of fun being creative with it.  Don't you worry....I have some posts coming all about it.

MENU:

MON: Bronzed Sea Bass w/ Lemon Shallot Butter, Garlicky Green Beans, and seasoned brown rice.  (This was supposed to be our Sunday dinner but we went out to dinner with some friends instead.  And I replaced the Sea Bass with lean cod to save money.)

TUES:  Mushroom Stroganoff

WED:  Vegetarian Taco Salad.  (We subsitute the meat for Yves Meatless Taco Meat.)

THURS:  Spaghetti with homemade tomato and veggie sauce and a fresh garden salad.

FRI:  Fish Veronique with Garlic Broccoli & Mushrooms w/ Rosemary

SAT:  Mushroom Swiss Quiche and a fresh garden salad.  (Quiche recipe will be posted tomorrow!)

SUN:  Broccoli-Cheddar Chowder with leftover quiche.

Extras cooking and baking:
Thumbprint Cookies
Apple Muffins

Happy cooking and baking,

Alyson

"So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray, Go throw your TV set away, And in its place you can install, A lovely bookshelf on the wall." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!