Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentines Heart Felt Wreath

My goal to be more crafty and start making my own decorations, clothes, curtains, blankets, etc is all becoming real for me.  I am enjoying the process of learning new crafts and projects and excited to get them going.

For St. Valentine's Day I found this very cute wreath at a blog I have loved reading for a couple years now, The Idea Room.  It looked pretty easy so I decided to try it.  I loved it!  It was a fun experience, from going to JoAnn's to get the materials, preparing the felt (with my little helper), to finishing, and taking pictures.  The Idea Room suggests buying 3/4 yard of felt and that was a perfect amount.  I had a few scraps but I will be using them to work on my sons felt board that I am making.  No waste!!!!  I finished yesterday and I am enjoying it hanging up in my living room. 

You can find the directions to this wreath at The Idea Room or at Design Sponge

Here are my pictures of the process.

My materials.
My lil helper bringing me more felt circles!
Half way done!
All done
What a cute model!

He is my heart!


What are you making this week?

Happy crafting,

Alyson

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."  ~Elizabeth Stone

6 comments:

  1. wow!!! it's beautiful!!!
    I still don't know what crafts i'll do in the weekend.I'll probably try to sew (again) and convince my little boy to finish something we have already started.

    happy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That's a really pretty decoration. I love that it's such a focal point but wasn't expensive. :)

    You and your little helper did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! I thought it looked familiar as I had been on the idea room recently:) I totally want to make one!

    I'm making the boys flannel lounge pants for valentines (I just made them some and they love them, so I went back to the fabric store and got more fabric).

    I also would love to try my hand at needle felting as I have a huge bag of roving wool that I hand dyed a couple of years ago and have done nothing with. Would like to make little hearts for valentines with it. If i do I'll post about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute idea! its adorable, and I love the pictures of your boy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Singlemama....I can't wait to start sewing more. I'm going to a sewing retreat with some ladies in my family later this month. I hope to get some projects done! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Mrs.J....Thank you for the kind words. It was such a fun project.

    Julie....You should make one. An easy project for mamas! Will you blog about your pj pants? I would love to see those. I am interesting in needle felting too but I haven't researched it much. Definitely post it, if you do make those hearts. Thanks for coming by!

    Jaymi...Thank you! We had fun!

    Thank you all for stopping by and reading! I truly appreciate it!

    -Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! now I really want to make one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your love!