Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Menus and Holiday Treats

You are all probably sick of seeing holiday treats or holiday related pictures but I wanted to share some treats I made this holiday season.  I didn't take pictures of all of them and didn't get to all of the things I wanted to make but there is always next holiday season.  This holiday season I only made homemade food related gifts.  I have a desire to make more homemade household items......clothes, tableclothes, hats, scarves, blankets, bags, napkins, etc. I was hoping to be able to make some of those items this holiday season but oh man.....did time fly.  I lost track of time and didn't get to some of the things I wanted to do.  This year I feel more dedicated.  I have a sewing machine that I have used very little and I want to start getting more use out if it.  So I will be working on making some fun things this year and writing all about my adventures making them.

Here are some of the items I baked/made this year:

Applesauce




Spiced Almonds


Christmas Sugar Cookies with my aunt, mama, and son!

Chex Mix (no picture)
Butterhorn Rolls (no picture)


Here is our menu for the week:

MON:  Homemade veggie pizza with homemade dough

TUES:  Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry over brown rice. (Bumped from last week since we had a last minute change.)

WED:  Vegetarian Hot Pot and leftover stirfry

THURS:  Spaghetti with homemade tomato and veggie sauce.  Fresh garden salad

FRI:  Dinner at our good friend's house.  We are making something for it but not sure what yet.

SAT:  Out to dinner with good friends from out of town.

SUN:  Black Bean Burritos

Happy Cooking,

Alyson

"Happiness is homemade" -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your love!