Monday, November 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


The past month Drew and I have been planning out our dinners weekly. This has truly been a wonderful change for us. I know some of my friends think I am a bit crazy for doing this but it truly helps bring some organization to our house. Planning out our dinners helps me actually cook and cook good food. Otherwise I would cook mac and cheese every night. It also helps with our budget. I try not to spend more than $40 a week at the grocery story. We try our hardest to buy only organic and locally grown foods. This doesn't happen every time but we really make an effort. It's better for our bodies and the environment if we do this.


So every Monday I will post our weekly menu. I got this idea from orgjunkie.com. It's a great organization website that has some really good ideas. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or your own menus please bring them my way! Happy Monday everyone!

Monday- Spaghetti Pie, green beans, and whole wheat bread
Wednesday- Black Bean Burittos and spanish rice
Thursday- Broccoli Chowder (This is our FAVORITE soup....Drew and I made it together
when we first started dating)
Friday- leftovers (Alyson works at the restuarant tonight)
Saturday- Tortellini with pesto sauce and a garden salad
Sunday- Salmon fillets with whole grain rice and steamed broccoli


"There is soul music, soul food, and soul love......" -Dalai Lama


1 comment:

  1. This is what we do but every two weeks. It works so well. Other ideas veggie fajitas & Stir fry.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your love!